Tijdens mijn workshop heb ik vaak een cake die door 99% van de deelnemers als verrukkelijk wordt omschreven. De cake wordt altijd met liefde gemaakt door Marcel van MENS & PLANT.
Op veler verzoek heb ik het recept nu geplaats op mijn site zodat een ieder deze kan maken en hiervan kan genieten!
Voor een veganisten cake gebruik je ipv eieren het volgende: 1 eetlepel gemalen lijnzaad, mengen met 3 eetlepels water. 10 minuten laten staan.
Coconut Lime Zucchini Bread
Time: 15 minutes hands on + 35 minutes baking
Yield: 1 large loaf and 2 mini loaves
3/4 C oil
2 t lime zest
1 t lime juice
1 t coconut extract
2 C shredded zucchini, skin on or off whatever you prefer
2 1/2 C flour
2 t baking powder
3/4 t salt
1/4 t soda
3/4 C coconut, sweetened and flaked
2 T lime juice
1/2 t coconut extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Into a large mixing bowl or stand mixer place 3 eggs, 3/4 cup oil. Beat the mixture together until well combined.
3. Add 2 teaspoons lime zest, 1 teaspoon lime juice and 1 teaspoon coconut extract.
4. Find a nice zucchini. Wash it and shred it up. I opted to leave the peel on, thought it might look kind of pretty. smile-emoticon You need 2 cups total, toss it into the bowl and give it a stir to combine.
5. Into a medium-sized mixing bowl add 2 1/2 cup flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon soda. Toss them around a bit with a fork to make sure everything is well combined. Add it to the wet mixture.
6. Add 3/4 cup coconut to the bowl.
7. Mix it together, just until all of the flour has been incorporated. You don’t want to over mix, alright? It will give you a dry bread.
8. Take some parchment paper (or wax paper) are draw the bottom of your pans onto it. Cut the paper out and line the bottom of the pans with it. Then spray them generously with cooking spray with flour added. I love this Bakers Joy, you can also find Pam spray with flour as well.
9. I ended up using a large loaf pan (9 1/2 x 5 1/2) and two small loaf pans (4 1/2 x 3 1/2). There wasn’t quit enough batter for 2 large pans. However, the small pans ended up working better than the large pan. The little slices had more glaze. smile-emoticon Next time, I believe I will opt for small pans all around.
10. Bake for 20-25 minutes for the small pans, and 35-45 minutes for the large pan.
11. While the loaves are still hot from the oven, mix together, 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract.
12. Spread the glaze over the hot loaves. I spread some up along the sides as well. Make sure the loaves are on a cooling rack with a cookie sheet or some parchment paper underneath to catch the excess glaze.
13. Let the loaves cool just a bit and then you are ready to dig in! Wrap leftover loaves with plastic wrap. They taste even better the second day!